Just 99 miles to go

Friday, April 20, 2018

saw the new doctor

Oh boy. If I keep this up I might as well quit.
I saw the new doctor. He agreed with needing a TKR.
He has a whole team for the procedure. Not like Bauk who wanted to to it in a out paitent surgery center and left it completely up to me to get releases.
It will happen at the Anne Arrundel Coutny Medical Center (AAMC).
I got a 17 page instruction manual with things to get done and name and numbers of his team members who I'm to get in touch with.
Surgery is set for May 31,2018.
Things to get done.
1. pre surgery pt appt.  To guage me know and give me exercises to strengthen mucscle. DONE. Had the appointment on 4-18.
2. Get dental release. Oh that was a clusterfuck. Originally saw dentist on 4-13. Before he'll release I need 3, yes 3 root canals and a cavity filled.  I got 2 of the root canals yesterday (4-19) and have appt next thursday to get the other items done. 
3.  Take a joist replacement class.  Thats set for 5-14-18. It said my "coach" should come so Judy plans on going with me.  I think I go in there and they go over whats going to be done, show us the differnt areas (surgery, recovery, PT) and tell us what we can expect.
4. Pre surgery medical release.  He said I could use my primary physician or use the testing center that is attached to the AAMC. Since I haven't seen my primary in 4 years and I'm not fond of him anyways I'm using their testing center.  Thats set up for 5-21-18.  They'll test for virus's, give me an EKG  and blood work.
5. Final history and physical appt. I meet with the final nurse about a week before surgery. She goes over my medical history and makes sure I've completed the previous 4 items.  This is scheduled for 5-23-18.


No comments: