Just 99 miles to go

Friday, April 20, 2018

Dentist appt for clearance.

So I'll elaborate a little on this.
I go in there expecting it to be no big deal. I know I have some cavities but my mouth feels fine. I'm thinking he'll look at the mouth . Tell me about the cavities, and than fill the form out for me.

No.
They take xrays and his assistant says something about needing root canals and the doctor not signing the form till they're done.  he comes in a little later to confirm.

I AM PISSED.
Things that go through my head
-this guy don't take our insurance. its going to cost a fortune.
-is it too close to surgery date to get the root canals done? Will this mean surgery needs to be post poned.
-do i have time enough to find a dentist who takes our insurance?

Before I get out of there they give me an estimate for the procedures. $3400 which doesn't include crowns which can be done later.  I know I'll be paying deductible later for the actaul TKR but I sure wasn't counting on this.

So to cut it short, everything is working out.
-the doctors NOW DOES take out insurance.  My better half did all the leg work for me and took care of the paperwork.  Instead of $3400, it might cost me a grand.  I had 2 of the canals done yesterday and it only cost me $214. That I can handle.
-so long as I have it done 14 days before surgery (5-31) I'm ok.

I go next thursday to get the rest of the dental work done.

Its probly been 6-10 years since I've seen the dentist.  Not again.  Now that we have insurance and I'm getting older I will be taking care of my teeth.
I will be seeing him atleast once a year and I'm going to start using that expensive mouth wash that has floride in it. 


No comments: