Just 99 miles to go

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

17 days.

Its starting to look like a post each day till the race day.
Today's subject: The need for bike computers.
A statement I read comes to mind when I think about last nights ride.  This was on the newbie forum on MTBR.  The discussion was on bike computers and of course you get the bike "purist" (nazi,who was probably also a Vegan and Democrat) who throws out "you don't need a computer, just ride till your tired."
If you read the forums long enough you get that on any subject;
you don't need  ; gears, suspension,ipod, HR monitor, lights, saddle, etc.
So I'm at the Rose, 1st time back on dirt since last week when I screwed up the shoulder.
Originally I wanna do a time trial, see how I'm doing.
I'm feeling like shit.  Legs are tight I'm breathing way heavier than I think I should.
I stop twice, once to adjust the saddle height the 2nd cause of some brake noise.
Well, if I can't get good time trial in I'll just ride and enjoy being out here.
Finished the lap thinking it just took me an hour but the computer says 47 minutes.
I still felt like shit, but I feel  good about the time.

Judy had dinner waiting for me when I got home.  Some sort of veggy/rice dish which had HUGE pieces of tofu as the main ingredient.  Tofu doesn't even have  enough character to call is nasty.  Just tastes like your eating pieces of tasteless foam.
Reminds me of a line from one of my favorite movies, Gangs of New York ". You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth."
I didn't spew it out my mouth though, Judy was watching me eat.

Seeya
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't done a real ride in 2 weeks now. Sunday is gonna be fun first time back in the dirt since the shed. Hope my fitness didn't drop....nervous about the 100.

Tom said...

I heard your suppose to taper 4 weeks out. Man you going to blow everybody away Labor day weekend.

Anonymous said...

Shit. Sub 12 is my goal. Pete thinks I got a sub 11 in me. I'd be fucking estatic with that.