Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Still on the deck. Git er done part 2.

Not a lot was accomplished last night.
Picked up more lumber before I went home.
Got the 6x6 posts anchored to the concrete piers, temporarily leveled them and marked for the beam location. By the time I had finally marked them it was getting too dark to make the cuts.

This was definitely a "thinking" night.
I'm a firm believer in the "measure twice, cut once" method of working but I take it to extremes.
Measure-mark for the cut-measure again-check the mark-measure again realizing I'd forgot to subtract for the decking-hunt down the pencil-re-mark for the cut. Etc.

No picts today, too dark by the time I cleaned up all the tools.

On a bike related subject, I did have to move my bike to get some tools outta the garage.
Yup, thats the extent of bike content today.

No comments: