Just 99 miles to go

Friday, August 20, 2010

15 days out. Can't care that much right now.

When it rains, it fuck' n pours.
No I'm not talking about the weather, smartasses.
So just when I think I've got a handle on everything else that been going on, a close family member was put into the hospital Monday.
Nothing life threatening but just one more thing to put on my pile of shit.
They're in a hosptial in Towson. Visiting hours are from 7:15 to 8:30 pm during the week.
It takes an hour and 40 minutes to get there from my house.
Doesn't leave a whole lot of time to do any training.
They'll be in there atleast another week, so I don't know what I'm going to do.

I haven't been on the bike since Sunday.
I've got plans on getting outta the house early tomowrow and atleast trying to ride for 4 hours before I've got to be home to get ready to make the drive to Towson.
It doesn't look good for getting out on the bike any time during the weeknights, next week either.
Am I still doing the race?
Right now I'm planning on it but will make the decision the week before the race.
I'm not waiting to see kind of shape I'm in, I know I'm in shitty shape.
Chances of me beating last years time are ZERO, chances of me DNFing are looking real good.
I only plan on going for the camping and to see some friends and hang out a while.
If I get to AS4 and it looks like I'll be finishing after 15 hours again, I'm pulling the plug.
I'm going to wait and see how things work out with the family member.
I'm not going to go down if I think I'm going to spend the whole time worrying about problems at home.

I think I'm ready for the summer of 2010 to be over.

No comments: