Just 99 miles to go

Monday, June 28, 2010

Lets try to keep it upbeat.

I'm going to try my best not to turn this into a whiny post.
Going through some issues with the parents at the moment.
It could be one of lifes big turning points, so my heads not really in the bike.
Keep that in mind as you see what I did Saturday.

Passed on a couple of rides that I really wanted to do, cause right now, I would have been "that" guy. Holding everyone up and not getting invited back.

I surfed on over to the local roadie group site and looked through their cue sheets.
I found a ride that was 68 miles that started 4 miles from my house.
Sounded good. It'd be different, I'd never be more than 20 miles from my house, and I could easily extend it if I was feeling cocky.

Woke up Saturday and the last thing I wanted was to go on a RR.
Went ahead and psyched myself up and took off anyways.
Got to the starting point and reset the computer so I could follow the cue sheet.
Took the 1st turn onto a road I'd never been on, although it was only 5 miles from my house.
The road was covered in gravel, I'm not talking lightly. For some reason down here in the sticks, they'll go and cover a road with light small sharp gravel.
Why, I havent' got a clue. What? Is it supposed to extend the life of the asphalt.
So anyways, I'm pissed.
What kind of fuck'n group puts a road like this on cue sheet.
That was the final straw for me. If they put this shit-hole of road, only 2 miles into their 68 mile route, what else was I in for?
I got back onto a main road and went home.
Total ride length for my "long" Saturday ride: 12 miles.
Spent rest of the day going over financial records for the parents. 8 hours of crunching numbers instead of riding.

Sunday I did 20 miles at the Rose.

Right now I'm not evan sure if I'm going to be able to do my "A" race.

I hear some people say they get on bike to forget about lifes problems for a while. Maybe on a MTB ride, but christ, RR are so boring you got nothing but time to think about shit your trying to forget.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

120 miles Saturday you want to talk about mind knumbing....

Tom said...

Yeah,yeah,yeah.
To be young with no responsibilities.
Liv'n the dream?

Anonymous said...

Ha. Not really but enjoying what I got. Prob doing another road ride this weekend. Niner will be back soon.