Just 99 miles to go

Monday, May 10, 2010

No race for Tom.

So the plan was to do the camp hilbert enduro on Saturday.
Got the bike all prepped Friday night, final cleaning and lubing.
Got my bottles ready with 50/50 gatorade and water, had 1 with an electrolyte drink.
Made sure I had EVERYTHING loaded on the truck.
I just wanted to get up, get in the truck and leave.
That turned out fine, got up at 5:30 and I'm on the road by 6:00.
So I'm about 15 minutes from the venue after driving for an hour and 45 minutes when my cell phone rings.
Its a family emergency, I've got to go home and take care of.
I knew things were going too smoothly for me to actually ride my bike.
Ended up spending all Saturday and some of Sunday in a ICU waiting room in Fairfax.

Atleast the bike enjoyed the almost 4hour road trip to Va and back.
So no riding this weekend.

No comments: