You KNOW this isn't an easy, quick job but none the less, I decided to tackle it Sunday night.
Has anybody ever did this without pulling out a drill to ream the heads off of the screws?
That was rhetorical. If you haven't needed a drill, I don't wanna hear about it.
I took my time, sprayed everything with penetrent, cleaned all the dirt outta the screw heads.
Made sure that the allen wrench was biting good.
3 of the heads snapped off the screws, the 4th stripped out.
That sucked big time.
And the luck that I have, my bike shop stopped selling Sidi shoes so they're not getting me any cleat bolts. (Thats what the plate that fits in the shoe is actually called).
I shot an email off to Sidi trying to find a distributor where I can get these stupid plates.
I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't get them by Saturdays race.
I guess I could put the flats back on.
It'll be a good excuse if I don't do very good.