Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Turning into a big sissified marshmallow.

So lately while pondering a MTB ride out in the cold, or sitting on the trainer watching a dvd in the basement, the trainer is looking better and better.
Example. In between the rain, I actually got out to Rosaryville Saturday for a ride.
I really did have to force myself. I got to the half way mark and just bailed. I can't seem to put enough energy out to keep warm without sweating. Once I start sweat, I get chilled.
I'm really starting to hate winter riding. Road riding is even less appealing. (Oh, yeah, sweaty and a 25mph wind).

The new years is right around the corner. January 1, we start the timer for the SM100. That'll put a fire up my butt.
So the way I see it now.....

A. Either I ramp up the training and do more races than I've done before. I'm thinking about the Wilderness 101 & the SM100 and some of the smaller races.

or

B. My attitude doesn't change ,I give a half hearted attempt at training and bail on all races this year.

I think the main problem is, I don't know if I can get much faster than I am (or was 3 months ago).
Christ, somebody shoot me. I've peaked at 44.

On the health, weight is up to 121.

2 comments:

ChrisJ said...

121 Lbs. Damn. Skinny mofo.

BTW my goal for the SM100 is to beat you next year.

Tom said...

You and my wife jumped all over that.

If I do it, I'm going all out.
12 hours or bust!!
Not sure if I'll still be a clyde though.