Just 99 miles to go

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A little worried about my light.

That new little light that I'm so proud of, well I've read a few reviews were the light has stopped working. One club that bought 25 of them had 2 stop working, and one other random guy had his just stop.
In the grand scheme, a report of 3 lights stopping isn't so bad.
After hearing this I did a test run in the garage.
Put a fan in front of it and left it on high in the garage.
The housing definately got warm but it ran for 2 1/2 hours till I shut if off.
The rear LED did go from green to red, meaning low battery, but it never switched over to low.
I still hadn't recharged the battery from the other evening so that charge did give me a full 3 hours on high.
I'm using it on the helmet, not the bars, so it won't get beat up by vibrations so much.
I'll be running the Dinotte also, so if it does crap out I won't be stranded.

No comments: