Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, May 28, 2009

All ready to get the new bike.

I finally said screw it.
With coaxing from the wife I decided to go ahead and order the new bike. (Fisher Hi-Fi 29er)
Let me side step here for a minute and use quotation marks to make a point.
"WITH COAXING FROM MY WIFE".
How many of you can say that your wife talked you INTO buying a new bike?
Yes, thats the kind of cheap bastard that I am. I feel guilty spending that much money on myself.
So I told the owner last night that I wanted to go ahead and do what I had to do to get the bike on order.
It seems as if there is some paperwork involved when an employee gets a bike.
Finally I feel a little relief, and jubilation.
I'm getting a new bike!!
It doesn't last long.
It seems that I can get a bigger discount if I watch some videos online and take a few quizzes to become a "STAR" employee. Nobody still exactly sure how much more I'd save but being the cheap bastard, I decide to do that .
So right now I'm in the middle of watching the videos and taking a few quizzes.
Actually the stuff is kind of interesting since I'm into bikes. I'd probably watch them anyways if I would have had access to them before .

I took the broken Redline into the shop, we took picts of the serial # and the crack in the frame and we're still waiting to hear back from Redline. Thats kinda pissing me off. I sent them the picts 2 days ago and they still haven't gotten around to looking at them.
Bullshit.
I had to take some razzing from the quys in the shop. I tend to let the bike go.
All I heard was "You work in a bike shop and let your bike get like this".
What can I say.
Rust doesn't bother me that much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead Tommy. Buddy Eric just picked on of those Hi-Fi 29ers up had it at Stokesville and he loved it.