Just 99 miles to go

Friday, August 22, 2008

Sweet!!!

I got my package yesterday from Speedgoat. A new front-d, tire, and clipless pedals.
I was putting off installing the derailer cause I don't have alot of luck with them and I end up spending 90 minutes trying to get them right.
I had a SRAM X7 on there that has given me nothing but headaches so I decided to go shimano. The only thing I could get quickly was the mid priced XT.
This thing is so nice.
I had it installed and working perfectly in 15 minutes.
It shifts great, evan if the chain is crossed (big ring-small cog).
One point I'd like to get across in this post.

SRAM X-7 FRONT-D SUCKS.

I can't belive all the wasted time and the aggrivation I put up with just cause I went Sram.
Its not just the operation either.
To adjust the cable length on the sram you need to take off the rear tire, and there was barely a 1/4" clearance between the tire and the derailer onced the tire was in place.

I'll be king shit this year at the SM100.
I won't know what to do with a bike that actually shifts into the small ring when its suppose to.

One more note if your shopping for a front-d, sram and shimano front derailers work with each others shifters.
This is only for the front-d though.
You can't mix brands for the rear-d.

seeya.

No comments: