Just 99 miles to go

Friday, August 01, 2008

AHHHH!

Did you hear that?
That was me seeing the timer under 30 days.
Less than 1 month till the Shenandoah 100.
Time to start thinking about getting the parts to make sure the bike is in tip top shape.
I don't wanna do what I did last year.
The friday before the race I was in my garage insatalling a new front derailer.
To refresh your memories, it never did wanna get the small ring during the race.
I just got a 15% off coupon from performance for this weekend, so I'll probly be ordering a couple of things.

I got 20 miles of Rosaryville last night.
The energy level was ok, so it was a decent ride.
Me, Doc, and Randy II(not the Randy who gave my wife a bike), got a pretty good paced lap in than I did a 2nd solo.

I noticed that the bearing in one of my pedals is giving out and I've got 2 bulges in the sidewalls of the back tire.
I'll add those to the list of items I need to order this weekend.

So far, it looks like I'll be going for another century this weekend. No MTB rides planned yet.

seeya

No comments: