Just 99 miles to go

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not much going on.

I made it to Rosaryville last night. Not a very good experience.
I didn't feel like riding but I KNEW that was going to change once I got out there.
It didn't.
I did 3 or 4 hill repeats than just finished up a normal loop.
Still trying to find a pattern as to why some days theres just no gas in the engine.
Makes it kinda of hard to plan for training.

I printed out the training plan from last years Shenandoah Mt.100 training group.
According to the schedule, this weekend I'm supposed to do a 6-6 1/2 ride in zone 1 or 2 on Saturday. THEN, I'm supposed to go out for 2-4 hours in the same zone on Sunday.
Are they eff'n crazy?
After any 6 hour ride I usually need 2 days of recovery.
This stupid program ISNT meant for us over 40 weekend warriors.

And finally,
Last weeks ride left me with that stupid ass roadie tan.
I wonder if they sell shorts that let the skin underneath tan?
The benefit of the added muscle tone is being under minded by this stupid tan that stops mid thigh.

Oh the shit I go through for a dumb race.

No comments: