Just 99 miles to go

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another year shot to shit.

Last week I turned another year older.
I went for a ride on my b-day that was one of the shittiest I"ve had in a long time.
We've been getting hit lately with a lot of heavy thunderstorms and near misses from tornados.
All the local trails have been taking beating.
Cedarville didn't fair very well.
My b-day ride was a day after the last storm.
It was hot.
It was humid.
There were blowdowns downs about every 1/8 mile.
The trails were a new kinda of muddy. (I've yet to decide upon the proper adjective.)
The bugs have made their return.

I just went through the motions of riding with my 2 buddies , Matt and Barry.
After 30 minutes Mr."I run tubeless and haven't gotten a flat in 5 years", got a flat.
That was worth 10 minutes of good natured ribbing.
Barry and I rode back to get a truck and pick Matt up.
None of us had the stuff to fix a flat.
Yup, 3 veteran MTB'rs and not a tube or c02 canister among us.

That was all the prompting I needed to haul ass and leave.

Its time I guess to leave Cedarville alone until September.
Let the bugs have it.

seeya

No comments: