Just 99 miles to go

Friday, January 04, 2008

The New Year, whoop-dee-doo.

If ya got a blog its an unwritten rule that ya gotta do a "New Year" post.
Not feeling real up beat at the moment though so it might be kinda cynical.

Got news the last full week 2007 that my housing industry related job might be in jeopardy.
No real surprise with the way things are going in the economy, I've really been waiting for some official word for a while. So no surfing the online bike retailers. I really could use a new rear-d shifter but I'll have to just disassemble the current one and re-lube it up once again and hope it fixes it my shifting problems.

I've been fighting a cold or some kind of bug for over a week now. It won't go away and it doesn't seem to want to develop into a full blown sickness. The kind where you can stay home and call in sick. Everytime I try to exercise, mostly on the trainer, I feel worst the next day. So I'm trying to just take it easy to kill this thing. I gotta get out this weekend though. I'm getting the DT's from bike withdrawl.

As for my resolutions, I got none.
As for goals, improve on last years fitness, and finish the SM100.
I think I'm going to look into other endurance races/events. Kinda lame for me to call these races. I'm not showing up to race. Well maybe against myself but I look at them as events.

I am going into this year, despite the holiday eating, in better shape than a I was a year ago.
I'm 15lbs lighter than 1-1-2007. and I've retained some of the fitness that I developed over the summer.

God dammit, lets ride.
Screw everything else.

Seeya

No comments: