Just 99 miles to go

Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend wrap up.

Picked up a bunch of parts Friday from the bike doc that I had them order for me. Nothing fun or fancy just items to make sure the bikes ready to go next weekend. Tires, brake pads, a decent skewer for the front wheel, and a new front derailer.
I tried to install the front derailer Sunday night. Its wrong.
They ordered a high clamp design, I need a low clamp.
The race is in 6 days and I don't have a working derailer.
Ooooh, that doesn't make me happy.

I picked up some Hammer Perpeteum energy drink while I was in the shop. Alot of people seem to be using this stuff so I figured I'd try it. I did 2 laps at Rosaryville on Sat. After the first lap I mixed up a dosage and drank 3/4 of it before my 2nd loop.
No adverse effects although I'm not sure 10 miles is going to tell me alot.
I'm going to think about weather to use it or just go with what I've been eating.
Candy bars and Gatorade.
Yes sir, I'm old school!!

Talk about hot!
If we get the weather for the race that we had Saturday I'm out by the 2nd aid station.
Downright nasty.
The temps were around 90 (that was at 11:00 am) but the frigg'n humidity....eww!
I'm getting so tired of finishing up rides soaking wet from sweat.
Evan the feet were wet.
I'm not sure where that came from. Thats relatively new for me.

Sunday I got my fun, social ride in with the boys from Oxon Hill at Cedarville (see previous post about the killer bird). I like riding with them. They think I'm fast and are good for my ego although they don't help much for "real" training rides.

I pulled my tent out and set it up in the basement to let it air out. With the humidity up so high I didn't think it was good idea to let it air out, outside. Rest of Sunday was spent with me constantly thinking " Where am I going to be in a week"?

It brings to mind the old study that says a man thinks about sex every 7 seconds. I'm pretty sure thats BS but damn if this freak'n race isn't on my mind constantly.

No comments: