Just 99 miles to go

Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm tired. Final packing.

Left work at noon.
Stopped by a grocery store, still didn't get everything I need.
I've been prepping for leaving tomowrow for the last 7 hours.
I'm tired.
Put new tires on the bike. 10 minutes later the front tire is flat.
Thats not a good sign.
Checked the spare tube I keep in the saddle bad.
It was bad. Had a rub hole in it.
Cleaned the chain and rings. Pumped up the fork. Am the only one who has a fork that doesn't leak. It never seems to lose air pressure. Put a spare spoke in bars.
Made sure the saddle bag was stocked. I'm going with a camelback but want as little in there as possible to cut down on the weight.

I'll post up a report on my return if I finish, or I'll abandon the blog if I DNF.

seeya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Don't leave us hanging. I 've been following your SM100 prep for months. How'd it go? And don't give me that "I'll abandon the blog" crap. You got out and there and that's a lot more than a lot of us did.