This is the result of an endo that happened 15-20 miles into the race.
If you can't tell from the picture, the rod which connects the front brake lever to the master cylinder pulled out of the housing. I found the snap ring which held it in place but none of the mechanics at the aid stations had a pair of snap ring pliers, that I needed to fix it.
I spent rest of the day tweaking and babying it, so it would work on the descents.
By AS5 I'd had enough and didn't wanna chance the technical descents with sketchy brakes.
DNF, aid station 5. 11 hours 40 minutes.
The long version to come, after I get over the funk of DNFing.