Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not the ass again.

I'm in training mode.
That means I'm going to slowly work up distance and time in the saddle.
I've been debating weather to do a race at the end of summer, and want to see what kind of shape I'm in.

I started Saturday with a road ride.
I only wanted to get out and see how 40 miles felt, get some kind of base point to start at.
I did 47 miles a couple of weeks ago with a "B" class roadie group but the pace was a little slow .

I did 30 miles with a route that included some decent size hills for So. Md, decided I felt pretty good and headed away from home for some more.

10 miles out was good enough, I was starting to feel that familiar pain in ass.
5 miles later I started the "my ass hurts" dance.
Where you stand up and crank some just to give the butt a break.

So as it stands, 54 miles.
1 bottle of water, no food, and baggies.
Legs felt good, the butt was in severe pain.

I'll start playing with the saddle position, if that doesn't work I'll start taking suggestions for a new saddle.

seeyall

No comments: