Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I love new drive trains!

I just replaced the chain, cassette, and middle chainring.
Did a ride at Cedarville and no problems.
I luv it.
No skipping.
Gear changes are smooth.
Oh yeah.

That brings up a subject.
What the hell do they put on shimano chains for packaging.
Some sort of super dirt and dust magnet.
I'd heard that sram lubes their chains and that its best to leave it on.
We'll that doesn't apply to shimano. I don't know what that shit is, but clean the chain first.

The ride at Cedarville wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We were in the middle of a heat wave here. I got out there about 7pm. Still about 90 degrees and high humidity.
Its always good in the woods though.
I love riding like this.
Late in the evening, hot and humid.
The sweat just rolls off me.
Kinda cleansing.
It was the kind of ride where afterwards the heat and humidity doesn't feel so bad.
Kinda like a quick way of getting your body adjusted to the heat.

On the home front, we're getting a dog.
Something different this time.
So far my wife and I have had a basset hound, and 2 yorkshire terriors.
Not what you'd call large animals.
Now we're going to try a German Shepard.

Although the basset hound got up to 50lbs, well you know, they're not tall dogs. And dumb. Jesus that was a stupid animal.

The Yorkies, well I had to watch my step around them.

It'll be a nice change to have a large dog that supposed to be intelligent.
I hope anyways.

seeya

No comments: