Just 99 miles to go

Saturday, May 06, 2006

KA-CHING, KA-CHING,KA-CHING

Man, it seems like I’ve been spending money and trying to get bikes to work all week.
Took the bottom bracket off of the "good" bike so I could get the size off it to get another one.
Its devoloped a lot of noticeable play, its due.
The LBS doesn’t have 1 in stock, I don’t order it from them. There acting like they can get it next week.
I don’t wanna wait. I do get a new rear-D from them, so I can get the old 26" working.
I go ahead and order a BB from Performance. I don’t like them but they ship from NC, so evan with standard shipping I get the stuff the day after I ship.

Meanwhile, while trying to re-install the old BB, I strip some of the threads.
Shit!
I take the frame in and they re-tap it while I wait.
Nice service, but damn, $18.00 for 2 minutes of work.
I know.
They gotta pay for the tool.
I looked into it.
The tool to retap the frame is $641.00
Usually, if I need work done that requires a tool I’ll buy it and do the work myself.
$20.00 for a BB removal tool, no problem.
$640 for an over sized tap. No freak’n way.

While I’m waiting on the new BB I’m working on the 26"
It needs a new cassette and chain.
KA-CHING.

I finally did get the "good" bike working.
New BB showed up and I got it installed with no more screwups.
I never did get the 26" back togather.

It seems as if my chain tool fell out of my saddle bag.
No chain tool, no new chain install.

I haven’t had the motivation to get a new chain tool yet.
I’m sure I’ll snap my chain this weekend and kick myself in the ass for it.

I don’t how I’m supposed to get bling items (adjustable seatpost) when I have to spend all my money on regular up keep items.

Oh well.
Such is our sport.

Seeya

No comments: