Just 99 miles to go

Friday, November 04, 2005

Whoa now, what this all about.

I’m not mentioning this to the wife. She’d freak out right away and hide my trainer.
Last night after a 30 minutes trainer ride, the "big guy" and his 2 buddies were completely numb.
What the hell is that about?
I vaguley remember a story going around a month or so ago about cycling doing something to a man’s lower regions.
I better dig it up and read it better.
I’m pretty sure I’ve got to adjust my saddle position, its pointing up I believe.

Ok, I’ve shared too much with you people.

Seeya

4 comments:

gwadzilla said...

did you race the Panarama Paranormal?

I did not see you there

Tom said...

No, it was just a ride down there about a year ago. I won't get a sports release from the knee for another 2 months.

Unknown said...

tom, I'm gomnna get all medical on ya here! You need a saddle with a cutout or groove in the center to protect your penile artery. When ypu ride you compress that and this compression can cause damage where "Willie" won't work, so to speak! You are also right about saddle angle as well, you should set the saddle angle so you are sittiong on the Ischium bones of your pelvisas this reduces the aforesaid compression of the oh so important artery! It can also cause damage to your prostate from that compression!
For further information, copy/paste this into your browser window for a good overview:
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/updates/upd-06-30-04-2.html

and here's a link to good saddles like I'm talking about:
http://www.spyderflex.com/
again, just copy/paste to the browser window! These will explauin and address the problem!

Unknown said...

That's .html on the end of the first URL by the way!