Just 99 miles to go

Monday, November 14, 2005

Weekend update, changes at the Rose

This is a "just the facts" post.

Friday evening
Did a loop at the rose wanting to see what was new. Saw and heard where they were working on some trails by the powerline hill, but I’m not going to bother people while they are trying to get work done. I didn’t see anything else done out there??????

Saturday
My turn at using the shovel at Rose. Worked out there for about 5 hours right were I had heard them last night. I now know what they where doing and it is great. The new section of trail that is going to bypass the hill climb not only adds some milage but is also a nicer ride.

During our work, riders would come by and talk about the other section of trail that had been cut in and how nice it was. What????
I than learned from Larry and Dave about the other re-route that had also been done last week.
How the hell did I miss that last night?

Too stiff afterwards to ride.

Sunday
Put some time in at the office. Walked outside about 1:30 and couldn’t believe how warm it was. Promptly locked the office up and drove to Rosaryville. I found the other re-route I had learned about yesterday. I see how I missed it now. The fallen leaves were at there worst Friday night so I was riding on autopilot, the way you do when you’ve been somewhere a 100 times and just know every turn and bump in the trail.
I liked it. They evan put some logs for us to hop over. I bet they don’t last long although I hope they do.

Seeya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Feel lucky, Tom! If I ride tomorrow, it'll be at 17 degrees with a wind chill -0! sound like fun? I was planning on a 30 miler tomorrow, but not bloody likely now! I'll be lucky to be riding 7 to go get coffee!