Just 99 miles to go

Monday, October 17, 2005

weekend done

It finally stopped raining.
What I’m going to do with the half finished ark in the back yard…. I haven’t got a clue.

Nothing exciting to report as weekends rides go.
It was Cedarville again Friday and Saturday.
Friday I was once again that lone freak riding around the woods after work.
On Saturday the place was packed. Beautiful weather.

I was worried that all the rain would put the park back into its usual muddy mess but surprisingly the rain only made things bettter. The sandy spots that I had gotten used to bogging down in or sliding through in turns were nice and compacted. The sections that usually get muddy and rooty had already shed the water away.
Me and the bike came out cleaner Saturday than in the drought conditions of the previous rides.

If I didn’t have to get to the kids soccer game it definiatley would have turned into an epic ride. As it was I ended up with 17 miles.
Its funny how thats doesn’t mean shit anymore. It seems unless its over 20 it doesn’t really doesn’t count.

It reminds me of what I’m going to have to do when I start training. The amount of time I’m going to have to make to go on longer training rides.

I played around with that NIH BMI thing a little more. To get to normal I need to get to 199# or grow 7" to 6’10". Theres a better chance of the latter happening.
I AM A CLYDE AND I LOVE IT!!

Tonight I got a loop in at Rosaryville and forgetting that its October, I get out there at 5:30. If you can do the math, 10 minutes getting ready to go, 5 minutes talking to the wife on the cell ( I know she calls me on purpose just to screw with my ride), you would know that I finished up around 6:40.

You know what time sunset is?
Well neither do I.
I do know it was about 20 minutes before I finished up tonight.

seeya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tom, don't give up on that ark yet! There's another hurricane in the gulf, looking like either a swipe up the west coast of Fl or the panhandle area! Either way, it'ss send a ton of rain your way! You do have that ark properly equipped with Coast Guard flotation devices, right? Mountain bikes can't swim after all, you know!