Just 99 miles to go

Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm ready to drop the brace.

Ok its time for a half ass knee update.
I’m coming up on the 6 month surgery mark at the end of the week.
After yesterdays longer than normal ride the knee brace is starting to annoy me. I now have a scabbed over rub mark on the back of my knee and its a little swollen from the brace straps that I wear on my rides. This doesn’t happen on short rides, just anything over 15 miles.

The knee feels real good and strong. I’ve been practicing hopping around on it as I’ve heard that will be something my doc might want to see. Actually , the other knee now hurts more after strenuous exercies. Thats the way it was before I got injured. Ah, the onslaught of old age and arthritis. It really likes to act up after a day of mashing the pedals hard. I realized now why my 5th cog on the cassette wears down quickly. I’m too dumb to plan gears shifts right and like to stand up and mash on hills. I think I’m a single speeder at heart.

I have my 6 month check up with the doc in 2 days. This should be interesting.
I’m not gonna go in there with the brace like I’ve been wearing it all the time. Thats right. As of my last checkup 4 weeks ago he still wanted it on all the time. And, I haven’t been jogging.

I think real soon I’m dropping the brace at my normal spots and will just save it for the more technical trails.

Seeya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great Tom! Jusdt be carefull you don't reinjure the knee! By the way, to update you on my progress, I'm down by 250 pounds now! Woohoo!