Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Daylight savings time

I’d gotten the news a couple of months ago about the changes that were going to be made concerning daylight savings time. If you havent heard, they are going to push it from the last Sunday in October to November and go from April to March in the Spring.

I thought it was going to go into effect this year.
Its not.
It won’t start until March of 2007.

Here I am thinking I’ll still be able to get in rides after work for atleast another month but not now.
Why wait.
What kind of preparations need to be made.
Is there anyone who actually plans for this thing? I thought everybody was like me and only remembered the change while watching the news the Saturday evening the day you were supposed to change them.

BTW this is my favorite time of year for screwing with my wife.
Its my job to change all the clocks in the house, since most of them are electronic. (Woman and electronics, a whole other subject for another time).
I like to change only half of them and watch her go around bewildered for a day. (Payback time for getting that yippy little Yorkshire Terrier).

As far as the bike and keeping fit goes.

No riding since last Thursday at Cedarville. I’ll try to bug out of work early and hit Rosaryville tonight.

I’ve been working out with the weights in the basement and my blue collar elliptical. (1 tension setting, #7). I’m starting to gain a little from the weight work. I guess thats ok in winter mode. Pumping the muscles back up but now I can’t wear tank tops all the time.

I have decided to go ahead and re attach my leg press accessories to my circuit training machine. I never hooked it up when I moved into the house. I’ve never been big on leg exercises. Its only got a 200lb weight stack so I guess I’ll be do the presses 1 leg at a time.

I think I’m going to write up on exercising the blue collar way.

seeya

5 comments:

Unknown said...

100 reps at 200 pounds do more than 10 reps at 1000 pounds! I must admit, I enjoy doing massive weight reps on the leg press at the YMCA Gym, but when I don't have time, I use the facility here at the apartment complex or at school. Apt, I'm limited to 250 lbs, School, 500 lbs. When at the Y, though, I love watching the faces when I take it to the equipment limit of 1250 lbs and do 10 or 15 reps. As heavy as I got before my surgery, just to support my body weight I had to develop ENORMOUSLY strong legs though. Since I've lost all the weight I have this year, this has stayed with me, due mostly to the cycling and strength training. By the way, a quick update on the weight, I've now dropped 280 lbs! Basically, all I'm saying is you get more out of endurance training as far as actual muscle strength and blood flow increase, bone mass increase lifting 200 lbs a LOT of times, so that's what I'd recommend you go with. Lifting like I do at the Y to show off for a few reps, there are some additional risks as well, for example, lifting that much weight, you get a HUGE blood pressure spike, momentarily hitting as high as 340/200 and this is medically documented for example with our US Olympic Weight Lifters. There is signifigant risk at the peak of the BP spike. Stay with 200 and build endurance with it, than go from there, and try to stay matched r/l side on the # of reps!

Anonymous said...

Would you be into a night ride on the 20th at C-ville or R-ville? It's right after the Full Moon.
SteveL

Unknown said...

Hey Tom, stop by my blog! I announced a planned trip from central Indiana to Key West, Fl, interested(Bicycle)? No, I'm not hitting you up for $$ for sponsorship either, just seeing if you might be interested in riding it!

Tom said...

stormcrowe
Theres no way in my present situation I could do something like that. I'm lucky to be able to get off 3 straight days anytime for a vacation.

seeya

gwadzilla said...

I need to consider riding the trainer....

maybe I will start watching movies on the laptop in front of the trainer '

instead of eating Halloween candy infront of the tv in the toy room

okay
I hate the trainer too