Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I love this weather.

I guess you could call it an Autumn preview. I'm waiting for the heat and humidity to come back but from what the weather man says, it won't be this week.

I really hate the end of August (well except for this week). The heat and humidity, the trees and plants no longer have that fresh appearence. They just look tired. And to top it off, ragweed makes its appearance. So far I've been fine but normally I'm a sneezing mess. When I was a kid I thought the runny nose was a reaction from having to return to school. Hey, nobody told me then about allergies.

So with the weather atleast cooperating I decided to make a return to Cedarville on Monday evening. With the humidity down so much, evan though it got to the high 80's , the woods were great. Once again they gave off the coolness that got me hooked on MTBing to begin with. And to top it off....no bugs. It freak'n amazed me. Those little bastards must really love the humidity.

It was a great ride. So much so that I went again this evening. I thought things were going bad when I got to the park and the front tire was flat. I had just checked the air before I left work. I guess ya shouldn't patch a tire 6 times. They must have an expiration date nobody told me about. It ended up being the valve stem that had been leaking air. I guess patching that is out. Hmmm, anybody know a good use for an old tube. I'm a cheap bastard. I'm getting every cent outta that damn thing.

I got out on the trails on little bit later and didn't get back to the truck until 8:00. It was getting kinda dark. If you wanna see alot of deer, go at dusk. They really come out then. Of course my dad, the deer hunter told me that when I was young. I guess he was right.

So I've ridden everyday for the past 3 and I plan on going out tomowrow evening. I'm getting ready for the legs to tell me that they've had enough. It'll be tomowrow, probly with a group.

seeya

No comments: