Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Gotta work on the basics.

I’d been on the bike the last 4 days, no epics but good rides so today I stayed off. The knee needs the rest. Its been a little tender. Nothing to worry about. Its suppose to still get a little achy after workouts.

Wednesdays ride at Fairlands made me realize that I’ve got to work on a basic MTB skill. Look wear ya wanna go.

I thought I had mastered that with my rides at the Rose. I’ve been taking the turns faster than ever and have been holding my lines real well. I finally realized the reason for my improvement has been because I’ve gotten so familiar with the trails. On my ride at Fairlands I was finding myself going off trail for stupid reasons. I know exactly what it is. While I’m keeping my main focus on the trail, my perifial(?) vision is still seeing things that I’m trying to avoid, and sure enough I’m letting the bike drift off trail towards the obstacle. Its not a real big deal. I only had 1 time where I went far enough off that I had to stop and regroup myself. Other than that the 29er let me roll over the crap that I got myself into.

I just feel sorry for anybody that’s following me and taking my lines. They probably think I’m drunk.

No comments: