Just 99 miles to go

Friday, August 26, 2005

Am I the only one who rides on Friday evenings.

I love leaving work friday afternoon and hitting the trail. Its sorta like my version of stopping off at a bar after a hard work week and getting wasted. I can ride until dark and don't have to worry about being tired for work the next day.

It seems though that I'm the only one. I notice that at my 2 usual spots, they are dead on Friday nights. Maybe everybody is at a bar drinking. Maybe I'm the freak.
It used to weird me out when I'd pull up and the parking lot was empty. "Hmmm, is something going on I don't know about, there were a shitload of people here Wed."

Yeah, all this stemmed from a Friday eveing ride at Cedarville. With the next few day uncertain as to how much I'll be able to ride I had to get this one in.

Good ride. Trails dry. No crowds (Duh!). Everything was working.

Once again I'm amazed at how quickly the park people get rid of fallen trees out here. I think I was out there Tuesday and ran across 3 new downed trees. 1 was jumpable for me. Sure enough all of them were cut up and disposed of by tonight.
Christ if a tree goes down at Rosaryville it could be there until the next MORE trail maintanence day.

The wife leaves town Sunday afternoon and doesn't get back until Wed. That means I've got kid duty and no riding until she gets back. Oh well. Part of being a dad.

seeya

2 comments:

Tim said...

Man, you feel like a freak for riding on Friday nights? I often ride on SATURDAY night, and usually alone. I'm not sure if I should feel like a freak, or just be glad that I have the trails to myself while everyone else is out enjoying their social lives. Such is the life of a parent with a working spouse, eh? Nice blog, by the way. Check mine out if you have a minute. I just started it: alaskabikeblog.blogspot.com

Tom said...

David your just jealous you cant feel out a jersey the way I do. And, rest stops are so cliche'. Now a days everybody knows the best action is at trail heads, usally in the Gemantown area.