Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Screw that hill, I give up.

On the chance I'd get to ride with some guys I'd met at rosaryville on Sunday, I skipped the Wakefield ride I originally planned on going on.
The meeting time came and went, they weren't there so I figured I'd better head out rather than wait. Nothing was for sure anyways.
Shit, another lone ride.
Pulled the ipod out of glove compartment and headed out.

Being a sucker for pain, I took the clockwise direction.
"Up" the dreaded powerline hill.
I decided todays tactic would be to go off trail, into the grass.
The grassy part wasn't nearly as hard as it looked.
It felt like a was riding in mush, and finally stalled.
A little higer than sunday but still not 100%.

I'm about ready to say fuck it, and just figure it as being unridable now.

Ok, I'll give it one more shot next time.

I ended up meeting up the guys I was originally waiting for coming the other direction. I just went ahead with my lone ride, I was about 80% done.

SEE ya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a way to avoid the powerline climb. When you come out of the woods at the bottom of the climb, go straight, instead of left up the hill. Follow the double track into the woods on the other side of the power line. Stay straight on the double and try to follow the most worn track. You will eventually be on a doubletrack that crosses a mud bog. I little after that, take a left onto hidden singletrack. Follow this until you get to the bottom of another hill in a field. Go left, it takes you to the top of the powerline in a more gradual way. Steve

Tom said...

What?
And have that damn thing sit there mocking me. Everytime I ride by it'll be calling to me, LOSER.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out if not for anything else, for a change from the standard loop.

BTW, give me your telephone #, so when I'm lost out there after dark I can call you. ;)

Tommy

Anonymous said...

410-790-5084