Just 99 miles to go

Monday, July 11, 2005

Another weekend gone.

Another weekend gone.
I sure am looking forward to the weekends now more than before I started biking.

Saturday I went on a MORE/Washington ski club joint casual ride down at Cedarville.
There wasn’t a big turnout from the ski club side, although I only saw 1 MORE member I’d met before (or atleast as far as I could remember).
I went expecting for it to be a really slow ride but was surprised by a couple of things.
1.The skiers didn’t get hung up too bad on the roots. I keep harping how Cedarvilles easy, but it has its few nasty root
sections that will easily land you on your ass . They did pretty good on them.
2. How slow the skiers were on the non technical sections.
I had a good time though. I got the honor of being sweeper as I probly know the trails there as good as anyone.
It was nice just being out there with other bikers.
They’ve got some more of these rides scheduled across other parks during the next 6 weeks but I think I might have to skip those. Skiers are just a little too slow for me. But who knows.

Sunday I rode Rosaryville again. Damn this place is fun.
I rode all the stuff I used to ride. I didn’t hold anything back.
I didn’t make it up that goddamn powerline hill. I’m about sure that it wasnt nearly as washed out and gravely as it is now. I washed out again on some gravel 3/4 the way up.
I went ahead and started jumping some logs again although I’m having to learn new techniques, which are probly the correct way to do them.

With clipless I’d get the front over and then pull the rear over with the feet.
Now with flats, I have to let momentum get the rear over, BUT, a have to let the legs float with the bike.

I was gonna walk the first log I came to yesterday, but I got up to it and it was only like 8" high.
I thought, shit, I can do this.
Turned around , got a running start and bumped my way over it.
I was feeling good.

see ya

No comments: