Just 99 miles to go

Friday, July 08, 2005

Oh yeah, knee post 13 weeks

Some people might have found their way here from my postings on an ACL knee injury site, so I better blog a little on the knee.

They’re probly thinking" Shit, this sites about some guy biking"

So , how’s the knee?
Pretty damn good.

Seeya.



Just kidding.

I havent been to PT in well over 2 weeks. They didn’t tell me to stop, I just had better things to do.
The exercises seemed lame. Biking 1 evening for an hour , than going into PT and doing 20 minutes on a stationary bike just seemed stupid.
I see the doc next Wed. and I’m sure I’ll have to hear shit from him.
I’ve only been wearing my knee brace while I mountain bike.
It doesn’t feel like I need it anymore for the added stability, I just wear it in case I crash.
The quad strength , as far as I can tell is about equal with the good leg.
The hamstrings is another story, if I try to curl the leg back while standing it feels like the ham wants to knot up.
I’m thinking about switching back to clipped pedals on the bike to help with that.
The ext/flex is now as good as if not better than my other leg. The "good" knee has the beginnings of arthritis so its flexion sucks anyways.
I can walk stairs now without drawing attention to myself, but going down still feels a little weird.

I’ll post up more after my appt. next week.

Tommy

1 comment:

Tom said...

My brace is a high dollar custom fit townsend. I think my OS wanted me to get this mainly because I do physical construction type stuff for a living. Its really not that comfortable for the bike.

As far as his instructions, the last time I talked to him he wanted me to wear the brace "ALL" the time. Needless to say I'm not paying him alot of attention.

I think your 2 months or so ahead of me in the game. I wouldn't worry about the brace if I was you. To tell the truth, if I get in a bad accident like the one that tore my ACL, I don't think the brace would stop it.

Also, how many people on Bobs tore there's biking? Its not a whole lot.

SEEya