Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, July 21, 2005

PT, just about 15 weeks PO

Walked into the therapists limping. There was nothing wrong with the knee , it was just that last nights ride put a hurting on the quads. They were sore as anything. I can’t figure out whats going on with the legs. I’ve been trying to push myself on rides to get the lungs working. You know, get one of deep gasping, nausea inducing workouts in. But before I can get to that stage the legs start giving out. I know the cardio isn’t in that great shape where this should be happening.
It might be the extra work at PT that I’m doing on the legs. Maybe they’re not recovering. I’ll give em a few weeks and see what happens.

The therapist sees me limping and asked if we pushed too hard on Tuesdays Pt. No, I tell her, I got in 19 miles of trail riding last night. So whats the first thing she has me do. Get on the stationary bike for 10 minutes.

They added a few more things since I started back up.
Step ups- I stand on a stool on with the bad leg and touch the other foot to the ground, raise it, then repeat.
This puts a burning on the quads and gluts. She see’s me grimacing through the last set and asks if the
knees hurtin. "No, its my butt.".
Balance on the squishy thing- I stand on a foam rubber type thing, on the bad leg, and raise the other just off the
ground. Then move the leg in front then behind me while trying to balance on the foam.

Things are going well. She’s gonna check with the main therapist and see if we can start working on hamstring strength next week. I’ll check with them then about going back to the clipless pedals.

No riding tonight. Giving the legs a rest.

Worked out in my home gym.
Did some benching, curling, and situps.
I’ve been meaning to ask about doing push-ups. I’m not sure if the knee should be under that kinda stress at the moment.

Seeya

1 comment:

Your Name Here said...

Dang Tommy. I've been out of touch for a few weeks. I come back and it sounds like you're doing great. Fantastic work. It looks like you're really making progress.

Take care,

Pete