Just 99 miles to go

Monday, July 18, 2005

Finally a good ride.

After my day of rest of Sunday it was a return to Cedarville.
It wasn’t so much a planned day of rest, its just with Saturdays scorcher fresh in my mind and the weather Sunday no better, everytime I thought about riding and walked outside I thought screw it and went back inside.

I finally found my 1 bike jersey and decided to wear it on the ride. Saturday I was in jean shorts and a cotton tank top. After 20 minutes they were both soaked and heavy as crap.

Maybe it was the right clothes, maybe I’m getting used to the humidity, or maybe it was yesterdays rest period but tonight was enjoyable.
The bugs still bit, and I hadn’t had anything to eat all day but this was an "on" ride. The ipod evan seemed to be cooperating in its choice of songs it gave out.

Ended up with 13 miles in about an hour. I would’ve kept going but had to get home to the wifey.

It was kinda freaky at one point. The weather kept most people away. It feels like I’m riding around in my own personal park. No one around at all.

SEEya

No comments: