Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Back to PT and bads new from my "knee" sister

I had been spending alot of time on a message board that was set up strictly for people who had my type of knee operation. Anterior cruciate ligament repair.

Its a real good source of information and you get to know people as they go from pre operation jitters to final sports release at about 6 months. The process of new people coming to the board is constant, so theres always someone on there who is about in same shape as you.

There was a women who happened to have surgery the same day as me. I liked watching her progress and comparing her doctors rehab procedures to mine. I hadn't seen her posting on the board for awhile. I assumed like me, her knee was no longer the "center of the universe". After my doc appt. last week I thought about her and emailed her to get an update. It seems as if she tore her graft, effectively making everything she had gone through in the past 3 months, for nothing.

When I read her message I got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach , like I had just found out my graft had been torn. Sort of bought things home to me. I've been MTBing and getting around pretty good, no mishaps. And all it takes ( I wont go into her details) is something small and stupid to undo 3 months of pain and hard work.

OK, enough serious shit.
I restarted physical therapy after a 3 week layoff.
The therapist missed my biker butt being in there, so she demanded my return.
Damn girl couldn't keep her hands off of me. Tried to say she was "stretching" my leg but I knew what the deal was.

I think I'm gonna humor her for a while and actually try to go twice a week.
In between fighting her off of me I might be able to get some exercises in that will help my biking.

SEE ya
Gorilla with a biker butt.

No comments: