Just 99 miles to go

Friday, July 29, 2005

Dumb kitten story.

This cat is just entertaining the shit outta me. To get this story you have to understand the layout of my house. We have a 2 story house with the living room and foyer going up the whole 2 stories. Theres a walkway from where you can stand and look down into the living room or the foyer. The walkway of course has a handrail with banisters. The banisters are anchored at the bottom to a 1x6 piece of molding, so theres a small 2" ledge on the exterior of the walkway.

You figured out where this is leading to yet?

The new kitten has discovered it can squeeze between the banisters and walk along this 2" strip of wood. The first time I saw him do this I ran over and got ready to catch him if he fell. Well he didn’t .

Fast forward to last night. The wife is sitting on the couch, which is right underneath part of this walkway, eating her dinner. I’m on the recliner wearing out the TV remote (cause I’m good at it). Out of the corner of my eye I see something dropping. I look over in just in time to see the kitten bouncing off the top of my wifes head onto her plate of food. DAMN CAT, FINALLY FELL.

Did this phase the cat?
No. He started immediately eating food off of the wifes plate while she was trying to figure out what just happened..

Now we’re trying to figure if he fell, or if he was stupid enough to jump 10’ to get to my wifes dinner.

No comments: