Just 99 miles to go

Friday, June 10, 2005

More Cedarville 9 weeks PO

Man, no blog entry since Monday.
So lets see.

Tuesday, I got a 9 mile stint in at Cedarville. First trip with the ipod shuffle. I really like this thing.
The ear buds aren’t too uncomfortable, and the sound quality is fine with me.

Thursday. Pt. Appt. Nothing new too report there. I don’t think I have too many more of these things to go through. I sort of rushed through the appt. Only did what I was told to do. I had to get to work.

Friday, 9 weeks since the knee surgery.
I’ve been having those twinges more where the muscle is pushing the knee cap out of position. I’ll have to work on stretching. I’m only wearing my brace on jobs or while doing yard work. I’m getting more muscle control back.
It doesn’t shake a whole lot anymore when extending it straight. Although the leg is still smaller than the other, I’m starting to get some definition back. This I thank the biking for.

Weekly stress reliever, Cedarville after work.
Headed over there with the intention of putting mileage in. It’s hot and humid. Thermomoter on the computer said it was high 80’s. The bugs have made a full return there. You don’t stop and rest for long.

Did my normal 2 loops of the white, 1 brown, and some exploring. I also rode 3/4 of the yellow loop. I’ve finally figured out which parts I need to avoid when its been damp. It was nice to get something different in. The ipod helps keep me entertained on the same old trails, but the different terrain helps a lot.

Got 18 1/2 miles in about 1:40. I think I’m getting a little speed back.

It reminds me of a saying I heard. A newbie talking to a veteran rider.
"When does it get easier?"
"It doesn’t, you just go faster".

I rode around the camping area while exploring. Being a Friday night there were people actually camping there.
I don’t get it.
I like camping when I’m on a trip doing something else, say rafting or biking.
But I don’t get the point of camping just for camping sakes.
There’s no big attraction at Cedarville, the scenery isn’t that great.
It’s hot, humid, and full of bugs.
And there are people there in tents roughing it.
Its not like its really being in the wilds, your in a camp site thats 30 feet from another site.
I didn’t see a lot of bikes , so they’re not there to ride.

I don’t know.

See ya

1 comment:

Your Name Here said...

That is weird about the camping. It is close enough that people could be camping out on their way somewhere. When I go on roadtrips, I sometimes camp somewhere to get some sleep before moving on down the road.

When we were not so well employed, we'd go and camp near a major city and do stuff in the city. If we were visiting DC, we'd camp at a place like Cedarville because it was cheaper than a hotel and allowed us to be tourists. We'd be stinky tourists, but tourists non-the-less.

I'll be honest. I know a few homeless people that spend their summer in camp sites like Cedarville because they've got some minimal facilities and they're cheap. If you've got a job, a tent and a sleeping bag, it is way cheaper than an apartment and way better than the streets. Some camp sites even let you receive mail.

I'm glad to hear your knee is doing better. It sounds like you're getting some good miles in too. Very cool to see.

Good luck,

Pete