Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

bikes back togather its too damn hot

Got the chain installed back on the 29"
It was anti-climatic.
I let the chain soak in some de-greaser in a large gatorade bottle over night.
That got her good and sparkly.
I think I made the mistake of putting motor oil on the chain a week ago and thats what caused all the sludge.
I got the drive train the cleanest its been since it was new.
I’ve still got issues with chain suck.
I’ll have to read up on it to see what to do.

Got a quick run in at Cedarville. 9 miles.

Damn it was hot and muggy.

Tonite was mostly a trail night. Fireroads and pavement were at a minimal.
I’m just about doing the whole yellow trail.
I might try to tackle the blue in few days if the dry weather persists.

See ya

1 comment:

Your Name Here said...

Sounds like you had a "good" time doing bike repair. If you really want to get into it, Leonard Zinn's book, "Zinn and the art of Mountain Bike Maintenance" has pretty much everything you could ever want to know and more. I think it is pretty easy to follow from what I've read of it. It'll give you a little bike oriented info that your current mechanical skills aren't giving you.

It looks like it is going to cool down a bit this weekend. Hopefully the rain will hold off.

Take care and have a good weekend.

Pete