Just 99 miles to go

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Getting the wife off my butt Day. I don't know, look at yesterday and add 1.

After yesterdays real dirt ride I woke up Sunday a little excited.

No, not way.

The 2nd day of a 3 day weekend and I was capable of riding on dirt.

I'm getting me some more of that today!

But damn, I feel tired.

The clock said 9:30.

WTF? I hardly ever sleep this late. If I do it usually involves alcohol the night before. Nope, last night was a dry night.

So I drag my ass outta bed, get dressed and wander downstarirs where I promptly plant myself on the couch and almost doze off.

I think the Friday and Saturday riding have caught up with me.

Since surgery, I've been having delayed fatigue. I think I better take it easy today. If its one thing I learned from my initial injury. Don't ride when I'm tired. Evan the simplest, planting of the foot the wrong way could rip my graft right outta the knee at this point.

I figure I'll go ahead and help the wife paint our bedroom.

She acquired a new multi colored comforter for our room a few weeks ago.

One of the colors is blue. Our bedroom is a tan color.

Something needed to be changed. I'll give ya hint. She wasn't taking the comforter back.

This is where I should veer into a rant about why she would evan buy linen that didnt match the wall color. But thats a subject for another day.

She bought a few gallons of paint last week. I knew that I would hear about the room needing to be painted , EVERY SINGLE DAY, until it got done. So I bit the bullet and decided to get it done.

Painting to me is relatively easy. Something I could do that would make her happy, keep me inside in the AC, let me listen to TV, and didn't involve digging or pruning.

So Sunday went by in a blur of blue paint.

I got it finished up so tomorrow belongs to me.

I will hit the dirt tomorrow.

SEEya

No comments: