Just 99 miles to go

Sunday, February 27, 2005

All you bikers look the alike.

I'm working yesterday at Wakefield and chit chatting with a girl out there. No not flirting, I don't do that. I'm happily married and don't have the social skills to "flirt" I probly knew her name yesterday but have forgotten it. I do this all the time. I have a big problem with this. If you ever see me out somewhere and I just say "Hi" without your name, that means I've forgotten it or don't recognize ya. Please tell me your name as I'm too embarrassed to admit I don't remember your it.

So I'm relating the story of JoeP's swim at EB a few weeks ago to the un-named girl. When I'm done she tells me she was part of our group. Duhhhhh. Ok, now I'm feeling like a moron. For some reason I can ride with someone 12 times but take the helmet off their head and put them in street clothes and I don't recognize them. So to my wife, very few of my riding buddies have names. It's usually that guy that crashed bad that one time, the guy who did the sm100 last year, or something to that effect.

Enough for tonite, I gotta go prepare for the next DC area blizzard.

2 comments:

rickyd 2 said...

I'm exactly the same way. If I don't recognize someone, I'll ask what bike they ride ;)

If the girl was Filipino, that's JoeP's wife Gina.

Tom said...

Nah, I remember Gina. That would have really been bad if I was telling "her" that story.