Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back in the saddle.



I've gotten out twice to see how I'm going to do.
Saturday I did an "epic" of  2 laps at Rosaryville that just about killed me.
1st lap went ok. I was dragging ass on the 2nd though.
Still had flat pedals on, so I didn't do anything technical.
I can't hop logs worth a crap without clipless pedals.

Tuesday after work, same deal but I had clipless back on.
Did a 49 minute lap on my 1st round.  Not shabby considering my average fast times last year were 46.
The bad news is that the shoulder is going to be a factor in my riding.
I'd feel twinges whenever I hopped logs or tried to pull up on the bars while cranking up a hill.
By the time I was done, it was pretty sore.
Did a 2nd lap and finished up barely in time to make it out without getting caught in the dark.

I'm getting there.


No comments: