Just 99 miles to go

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I shoudn't have done that.

I'd been thinking about getting a Fisher Hi-Fi 29er once I start getting a shop discount.
I've never ridden one before and if I were rich, it wouldn't be my first choice of full suspension 29er.
In the last couple of days I've been re-thinking, do I really need a full squishy bike. Maybe I should just get a bunch of new parts and rebuild my hard tail.
So last night my fellow Bike doc co-worker and clyde, Dan shows up and he does a loop with us. He's got the same bike that I'm thinking of buying.
I take it for a 1/2 mile spin after our main ride.
Oh, its sweet.
The steering on that thing was fast. I'm assuming its due to the much talked about G2 geometry that the Fishers are noted for. It was almost too twitchy, but I'm assuming its something I could easily get used to. The same way I had to get used to the steering from a 26er to a 29.
He's going to let me borrow it some this weekend so I can get a better feel for it.
Although he's about the same height as me, maybe a 1/2 taller, his seat is set too low for me. I couldn't get the extension I wanted, and his saddle is too far foward for me.
I'm not sure how 2 guys with very similar lengths could ride bike set ups so differently.
I was happy to see that his BB is actually higher than mine.

I'm excited.

seeya

No comments: