Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I bet ya thought I was dead.

The riding has been cut waaaaay back.
I'm lucky now if I get out twice a week. Its due more to the shortening days than my lack of wanting to ride.
I kept to my word and have been hitting the weights again.
I like the results that I see in the mirror.
Chest is sticking out again, shoulders getting back that round look, arms aren't skinny sticks that look like they belong on a 12 year old girl.
I don't like the pains I've been getting in my back. Everytime I stand up I gotta wait for the back to loosen up. I make old man noises as I bend over and squeeze into the lycra shorts.

Hitting the weights is helping in 1 way, although it might not count as much on a road bike.
I'm getting back that ability to dig deep for that quick burst of energy. The kind of burst you need to peak the summit of that hill or pull the bike over a rock garden.

I'll see ya.

No comments: