Just 99 miles to go

Monday, November 19, 2007

No new bike for Tom!

The transmission in my wifes vehicle went out.
A 2004 Ford Explorer with 84,000 miles on it.
We bought it new in 05 , so its almost 3 year old.
Ford charged me $3,700 to replace it with another.
I am steaming pissed off.

The vehicle never shifted correctly.
They had a recall on it. Something about wrong type of fluid in it a couple of years ago.
From the net, I've found that these things have been notorious for tranny problems.
I pray for a class action law suit.

This is the 3rd, and last Ford that I'll have owned.
NEVER AGAIN. FUCK FORD.

So, if you wonder why I'm still riding the Redline with the creaky bearings, thats why.

2 comments:

Arleigh Jenkins said...

I hear ya. My folks had a '03 Explorer that had its transmission replaced TWICE through a ford dealer. We never did anything with the truck. It had a V8 but we never towed/pulled/whatever on it.

Stupid ford

Tom said...

That brings to light the only reason I went through the dealership. The 3year, 75k miles warranty.

That thing better shift flawlessly or I'm going to haunt those low lifes.