Just 99 miles to go

Thursday, April 06, 2006

New shoes

I’ve just made the second largest purchase since I started cycling. Well, second largest next to the actual bike purchases.
They don’t count. They’re staples of the sport.
The first largest was my night riding light.
I just ordered a pair of Sidi Dominators, mega from my LBS.
I don’t care about the name, I don’t care about the look, I don’t care that they are high end shoes.
I’m only concerned with my comfort.
This all came about on my Sunday ride at Cedarville.
After 20 miles my feet really started hurting, at 25 I had to stop and take my shoes off for a few minutes.
I decided then that new shoes are a necessity if I want to keep biking, especially if I want to keep pushing my limits.
I looked through reviews on MTBR and got opinions from others.
There are only 2 brands I could find that were advertised as wide. Sidi and Lake.
I couldn’t find any reviews or opinions on the Lakes while I found mostly good reviews on the Sidi.
They do sell a cheaper version, the Bullet, but the Dominators have a clasp and better Velcro.
From experience, with most things it pays to pay a little extra for better quality.
I always feel a little guilty when spending money on my hobbies but I’m not as bad as a lot of people.
This to me is a necessity.
And no, I’m not telling you what they cost. If your a biker you probably already know.
If your not a biker, your probably my wife nosing around my blog again.
I’m not telling.
seeya
Oh, I had to order them.
I’ll post up a review after my first ride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your wife noses around your blog? ::GASP:: Never heard of such a thing! ::GRIN:: If that's the case, hello, Mrs Gorilla!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tom, she doesn't nose into the comments sections.

seeya