Just 99 miles to go

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

We don't need any stink'n titles.

I haven’t blogged in 6 days but it feels like forever.
I still haven’t been back out on the bike. I haven’t felt like it.
I have to admit to myself and everybody that I really don’t enjoy the lone riding when its freezing outside. So lately I’ve been opting to just get mileage in on the trainer. I don’t have the drive and will power to get the shit together for lone cold rides. It comes down to whole 20 minutes of prepping getting everything together. The good news is that I’m getting better on the trainer. More mileage in less time and its not annoying my back anymore.
I would like to thank Jill over at articglass.blogspot.com for making me feel like an even bigger pussy for not getting out. Spend a few minutes reading her blog and you’ll understand why. She just finished a 100 mile race up in Alaska. Shes not a pro either. Her race makes my SM100 goal look like child’s play.
To tell the truth I’ve been distracted lately by my career situation.
I’ve decided to go ahead and close my business and take a job offer.
The job offer came out of the blue, but I’ve been thinking about my future for quite some time. Business has been slowly waning over the past year and a half. It seemed to turn to shit after my ACL surgery. Evan when business was good I could only say I was a making a living, not getting rich .
The new job will be big change. It will be totally white collar. Not something that I’m too sure about. I spend about half my time in the office now and the other half out on job sites. I guess I can’t make fun of white collar office workers anymore. Damn.
If business continued the way its going I probably would have been forced to close my doors anyway.
So I’m going from running a glass company to designing and estimating heating/ac systems for houses.
I know.
How the hell do you make that kinda switch.
I’m lucky , I guess.
Actually my brother works for a HVAC company that is doing very well. They were looking for someone who could read blueprints, use a computer, and was good with numbers. I don’t know allot about HVAC but they will teach me. It can’t be much harder than the stuff I’m doing now with the glass. They seemed rather excited over the fact that I use a CAD (Computer Aided Drafting/Design) program now. Too excited really. I should have asked for more money.
They’re being cool too as to when they want me to start. Right now we’re looking at sometime in June. They understand that its going to take time for me to close things down and finish up the few jobs I have going at the moment. I haven’t even given them a firm date yet.
In the mean time I’m suppose to pick up some reference materials from them and in my spare time acquaint myself with HVAC stuff and the CAD programs that they use.
The jobs only 20 minutes away from home. That cuts my commute more than half, but the bad is I won’t be passing by Rosaryville everyday. I really like Rosaryville too. I could leave work and be there in 10 minutes.
Hopefully I’ll have more time to ride now on the weekends. Now, even when I do get out, there was always that nagging in the back of my mind that I should be at work getting something done.
Sorry if I bored ya with job details but this is a huge change for me.
Hopefully for the better.
SEEya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's always preferable to improve your situation. Go for it! It sounds like a wonderfull opportunity!