Just 99 miles to go

Friday, January 06, 2006

Getting my trainer area together.

Like I reported previously, the wife got me a dvd/tv combo to keep in the basement. THIS was going to be my savior from the boredom of the trainer. I got to looking through my dvd collection and realized I don’t have shit. I’m not a huge sit down and watch tv type of person so I’ve only actually ever bought myself 1 dvd, the 2003 Shenandoah Mt. 100 race. I have a few others that were gifts, but none that I thought suitable for watching while spinning on the trainer or while using the elliptical.
Luckily for me my parents received 2 standalone dvd recorders for xmas. I "borrowed" 1 and have been playing with it for a few nights. Its cool. I’ll either buy this one off of them or get another one. I’m using it to convert some of my old VHS tapes and get shows off of my DVR.
The first conversion was the 2002 SM 100 race ( it only came on tape), the second was Austin Powers-The Spy Who Shagged Me.
I know, you’ve immediately lost any and all respect you might have had for me.
Sorry, but I find Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard freak’n hilarious.
"I et a ba-by". "Ba-by, the other other white meat". (Done with scottish accent, of course).

So with the last excuse I had gone, I finally got back on the trainer last night.
Watch’n movies while spinnng beats the hell outta just the ipod. I might check into some of those videos I’ve heard about for working out. I think they have some of people actually on rides.
Oh, I just had a good idea.
People are always posting mpeg’s of rides they’ve been on. I can just convert them to SVCD and use them.
That’ll work.

Did a total of 45 minutes and 10 miles. I didn't start till 8:30 thats why it was only 45 minutes. I know 10 miles is pathetic but my large chain ring is bent from a ride at Rosaryville, and I’m more into mashing than spinning at high RPMs. I’ll take the ring off tonight and see if I can straighten it enough to work on the trainer. That or become better at spinning fast.

Seeyall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every day, when I was so big, after that movie came out, I was happy I didn't have red hair!::GRIN:: Although, it would have been an easy Halloween costume, just throw on a kilt!

Unknown said...

By the wy, when ya gonna get some pics posted, now that you have a dig. Cam?