Just 99 miles to go

Monday, November 07, 2005

The weekend, same old, same old

I did get some riding in over the weekend. Just quick rides. I’m trying hard to catch up on paperwork at the office and am riding around that.

Saturday after the soccer game and than a few hours at work I stopped by Cedarville. The plan was to go 20+ miles but things got sidetracked. First the strap that holds my saddle bag to the seat broke so I’m trying to ride with it flopping back and forth hanging on only by the post strap. Reaching back every 2 minutes to make sure its still there. Go back by the truck to drop it off and the tire on the truck is flat. Shit. So much for trailwork karma. Christ, I was out here just last weekend shoveling dirt.
By the time I got it changed I had lost too much light to go back out.

Sunday was a Rosaryville ride. I ran into Steve in the parking lot who was just going out and invited me to go with him. The legs weren’t feeling right so I declined. I just sort of dragged through the loop.
While I’m sitting at the truck debating on a partial 2nd loop or not Dave and his son pull in. I end up going back out with them. That was the push I needed. Something finally popped during that first mile out and things started working. Dave take turns a little faster than me which helped me push my limits. I was being overly cautious on the first loop with the newly fallen leaves.

Later

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Soyunds like it wound up being a decent ride! I'm riding day after tomorrow, no classes on Thurs! Woohoo! Gonna maybe be nasty weather, but WTF, I gotta clear my head!