Just 99 miles to go

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Renewed interest in the 100.

I'm already thinking about training for the next sm100.
A whole year to train. Oh, yeah. I got time.
Being part of the action and reading the ride reports has re-kindled my enthusiasm.
I'll just keep it on the back burner and start thinking hard about it till after 06 acutally gets here. I'll just keep as I'm doing and slowly increase ride lengths. Intensisty will have to wait till after my sports release for the knee. Hopefully that will be in another month.

I think I've been pushing the bike too much. Tuesday, after the camping weekend, the knee felt great. No pain at all. This was unusual as its had aches and pains for the past 6 weeks. I did a loop at the Rose on Wed, and got 20 miles in at Cedarville on Friday. The knee now hurts again. I gotta step back for a few weeks and just start going on low intensity rides.
Use the granny gear.
Stop mashing.

I got out an "jogged" somemore as per the doctors orders. Oh yeah, that sucked.
If I ever get in a race with a Lemans start I'm a guarenteed DNF.

On a side note. I've broken my first rear derailer hanger.
Mashing up a hill at the Rose?
No.
Spinning in my front yard.
I'm fooling around on the old 26er" in the front yard after the horrible jogging experience. I needed to rebuild my shattered ego and confirm that I wasn't in as bad shape as the jogging made me out to be.
I go to down shift under a little bit of pressure and the thing breaks.
Hmmmmmm.
Thats a new one.
Summers over anyway and the LBS needs my money.
Talking about the LBS. You


seeya

1 comment:

Arleigh Jenkins said...

let me know about the 100. It too is on my back burner and I would be interested in training with someone.